Looking for ways to make your holiday shopping a little greener and more earth-friendly? The Carmel Green Initiative's Green Gift Shop offers green gift ideas that are local, organic, natural, recycled, reused, or repurposed. Items available at this special one-day event include:
- handcrafted, reworked vintage jewelry from Earth Rocks
- earth-friendly items made from reused cloth for the home from Land Goods
- yummy organic chocolate from Xchocol’Art
- children’s clothing made from used clothing by That’s Sew Martha
- essential oils for body, mind, and spirit from Frangipani Body Products
- and much more
Along with the gift shop, this event will include the Carmel Clay Public Library Holiday Showcase, featuring books and audiovisual items to check out that provide heartwarming holiday stories, money-saving ways to spruce up your holidays, simple to elaborate crafts for gifts, and mouthwatering recipes. Library staff will also be on hand to help you register for a library card if you don't have one already; just bring your current photo ID. There will be crafts for teens and children to make and take home starting at 4:30 pm and holiday music performed by Carmel High School musicians.
This event is sponsored by Carmel Green Initiative and the Carmel Clay Public Library. No registration is required. For more information about this event, visit carmelgreen.org or contact Carmel Green Initiative's Madelyn Zalon (email@example.com or 317.459.2150).