Book a Librarian is a service that connects CCPL cardholders by appointment with a librarian for a one-on-one help session. This free service can be used for questions that require time beyond the usual walk-in help and for more in-depth instruction on how to use library resources such as the library’s catalog, databases, and other digital services.
Typical Book-a-Librarian sessions last from 30 minutes to an hour and may include—
- Accessing digital books, audiobooks, magazines, movies, and music
- Instruction on researching a topic using the library’s online databases
- Genealogy guidance
- Finding books and other resources for your child
- Introduction to the library catalog, including how to find books, movies, or other materials; how to place holds; and how to set up and manage your account
We are not able to—
- Install software or set up a laptop or mobile device
- Troubleshoot your personal devices
- Teach general computer skills
- Assist with credit card or other financial transactions
- Proofread or type documents
- Offer medical, legal, tax, financial, business, or personal advice
Please complete the form below or contact the Adult Services Department for more information at 317.814.3988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.