To fulfill the library's Mission and Strategic Plan, the library will develop programs and exhibits that support lifelong learning, enhance the community's access to cultural experiences, and promote the library and its services. Exhibits, displays, performances, workshops, and events will be designed to provide a diverse range of opportunities to meet the varying needs and tastes of the community.
The Carmel Clay Public Library is committed to providing quality programming for the community. The library is willing to serve as a co-sponsor for programs that complement the library's collections, services, and goals. Individuals or community groups interested in working with the library to present a co-sponsored public program or exhibit are requested to submit a proposal. Programs may be a one-time event or a limited series of events. Requests for ongoing programs or exhibits will not be considered. Please note that the Joyce Winner West Branch is not an available space for library programming or exhibits.
Proposals are reviewed by department managers according to the needs and interests of the community, the suitability of the library's physical space, and the program's contribution to the library's overall schedule of events. The programs must be open to the public, free of charge, free of commercial advertising and direct solicitation, and adhere to the Library Programming Policy or the Library Exhibit Policy. Individuals and organizations interested in partnering with the library are invited to submit a proposal a minimum of 12 weeks prior to the event. The library will respond within ten business days of the initial request.
The following criteria are used in making decisions about program/exhibit topics and speakers:
- Availability of space
- Treatment of content for intended audience
- Presentation quality
- Presenter background/qualifications in content area
- Relevance to community needs, interests, and issues
- Historical or educational significance
- Connection to other community programs, exhibitions, or events
- Relevance to library collections, resources, exhibits, and programs
- Past attendance numbers at similar-themed programs
If the program/exhibit proposal is accepted, the library will
- Identify a staff member who will serve as your contact and attend your program
- Provide space and set-up
- Produce appropriate publicity, such as press releases to the local media, flyers, and inclusion in the library’s calendar of events. All publicity by the presenter or presenting organization must be approved by the library's Communications Manager. The library is to be designated as the contact in all publicity.